PRESENTATION AND OBJECTIVES
The increasing amount of greenhouse gases (GHG) are considered as a major challenge for climate change and global warming. Transportation sector contributes to a 24% of global CO2 emissions which are considered as the main composition of GHGs. The growing concerns about climate change and energy security have accelerated a global transition to a more sustainable transport system.
Electric Vehicles (EVs), representing an innovative technology with the potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and support the mitigation of climate change, have gained substantial interests in recent years.
However, the novel structure of Eletric Vehicles applications requires industry to establish rules for the sizing and use of control systems in order to exploit them in the best conditions. Today, recent innovations in the fields of electric machines, power storage systems, power electronics and control systems have led researchers to investigate ways to improve the reliability of electromechanical energy conversion chains and the quality of Electric Vehicles systems.
It is in this context the Eletric Vehicles program will focus on automotive transportation technologies that are being used in Eletric Vehicles applications. Students in the Eletric Vehicles program graduate with technical expertise in the electric machines, power electronic systems and control system, as well as a good knowledge about the Electric Vehicles infrastructures and power conversion chain.
PREREQUISITES TO JOIN THE PROGRAM
> A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related fields
> Proven knowledge in the following fields
- Fundamentals of electric circuits
- Fundamentals of electronic
- Basic knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink
- Fundamentals of control systems
Saeid Aghaei Hashjin
Or contact directly International Office : [email protected]
- Resume in English
- Academic transcripts
- Cover letter
- Copy of passport
- Proof of English CECRL B2 – IELTS 6
ONLINE APPLICATION DEADLINE
- May 30th for admission in September.
- November 15th for admission in February.
- We recommend that international students apply as early as possible.
Special rules apply to exchange students who are part of an established program (Erasmus, Bilateral Agreements, etc.). Contact the International Office at your home institution if you are interested in being an exchange student.
COURSES OUTLINE – KEY FEATURES
2 years, including 3 semesters of coursework and 1 semester of internship
- Automotive semiconductor devices and components
- Power converters
- Electrical machines
- Simpower system (Matlab/Simulink) for EV
- LTspice for simulation
- State space control
- Discrete control
- CAN communication bus
- Programming the microcontrollers
- Automotive sensors technology
- Standards (norms) for EV Technology project
- Hybridization of the vehicles
- Impact of renewable energies in EV technology
- Charging technologies for EV systems
- Mechanical drivetrain (power transmission) of EVs
- Energy storage systems for EVs
- Battery management systems (BMS)
- Market and economy issues for EV industry
- Vector control for EV drivetrain project