There are a few things to know before coming to France to study at ESME. Whether you are a European Union national or not, you will find below helpful information about immigration, health insurance and housing.
IMMIGRATION AND VISA
Non-French citizens need to show proof of identity and submit official documents to the immigration authorities when entering the European Union region for the first time.
Required documents vary depending on where you are coming from, your nationality, the reason why you are visiting and the length of your stay in France, etc.
European Union nationals are entitled to stay in France with their valid EU identification (passport).
Non-EU nationals must apply for a long-stay visa before coming in France, and must follow up the process with the consular authorities in their home countries.
EU nationals must have a European Health Insurance card issued by the appropriate authorities of their originating country, as well as a photocopy of this document (or the E128 form).
Non-EU nationals will have to register to the French social security system.
MANDATORY SUBSCRIPTION TO THE FRENCH SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM
You can benefit from the French general healthcare system if you came to France with a VLS-TS visa (« visa long séjour valant titre de séjour », Long Term Visa used as Residence Permit).
First, you must :
- Obtain your visa
- Register to your higher education institution
- Then register to the French general healthcare system
- Registration is free and completed online by logging in to the website of the health insurance dedicated to foreign students.
STUDENT COMPLEMENTARY HEALTH INSURANCE
Student Social Security reimburses on average 70% of healthcare expenses. To be reimbursed up to 100% of your healthcare expenses, you have to take out complementary health insurance.
To find your complementary student health insurance organization, you can check the websites of the Mutuelle des étudiants or the SMEREP or see if you have the right to be covered by the French Complementary Universal Health Coverage. You can also subscribe to a complementary health insurance in your home country.
A DEDICATED SUPPORT FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Depending on your financial resources, the length of your stay and the type of housing you are looking for, the cost of housing in Paris varies greatly.
You can look for your own accommodation, but we can also help you look for a room or an apartment.
NEED HELP BEFORE COMING TO ESME ?
If you require housing assistance before coming to ESME, contact us at [email protected] as soon as you receive your Acceptance Letter in order to begin the process. Please note that the school cannot be held responsible for not finding students accommodation.
- Use this platform to access housing offers from private owners, student residences and homestays
- Cité Universitaire de Paris : You can apply online directly to http://www.ciup.fr/en/
- Residences “Les Estudines” : You can apply online directly to https://www.estudines.com/
If you have any question, you can send an e-mail to [email protected]
- Residences Campuséa : You can apply directly to https://www.campusea.fr/en
- Host family : You can apply online directly www.fac-paris.com or send an e-mail to [email protected] if you have any question